Frequently Asked Questions

Program experience and benefits

How long does this program take?

The length of this program varies because completion is based on mastery of skills, not how long you have been attending. We consider students “on track” if they are on pace to complete the degree in 4 years. However, students are able to complete the degree more quickly. We expect most students to complete the degree in 3-5 years. You and your coach will work together to set a goal and completion timeline.

Who is eligible for Noble Forward?

The program is currently open to graduates of Noble Network of Charter Schools, whether or not you have attended college previously. There are no additional academic requirements. Noble forward has limited space for non-Noble Alum as well.  Once the spaces are filled for this year 2020, we will add additional applicants to the waiting list.  However, it is important that prospective students consider fit with the program before enrolling. Please see our admissions page for more details. 

What if I can’t attend in person?

We ask that you commit to attending onboarding in person to kick off with your peers and meet with your coach. Your weekly coaching sessions are also required to be in person for the first term while you are enrolled, and can switch to virtual or other means after your first term. If you need accommodations, please discuss with your enrollment advisor or coach.

When I graduate, what will my diploma look like, and what do I write on my resume?

Your degree is from the University you graduate from, either Southern New Hampshire or UMass Global, and it will look identical to the diplomas of students who attended the school in those regions. Your resume should state that you attended your specific institution and earned your Bachelor’s Degree.

Credits and transfers

I already have college credits. Will they transfer into the program?

If you have completed an AA degree or 12- 60 credits, you may be able to transfer that block of credits into the program. Please check with your enrollment advisor for further details.

Can I transfer credits from this program to other schools?

Because of the program structure, generally we do not recommend transfer. There may be limited opportunities to transfer the AA degree to a 4-year institution. However, transfers are not guaranteed and depend on specific agreements between institutions called articulation agreements. We ask that you start this program with the intention of completing your entire degree with us.

What will my transcript look like?

In some cases you will provide two transcript formats — one that is competency-based that focuses on skills learned, and another that follows the traditional college format. This depends on the program you choose. 

Will I be able to attend graduate school after completing this program?

Your degree is an accredited Bachelor’s degree, just like a degree earned in other traditional colleges. However, depending on the degree, admissions officers for graduate schools may evaluate the degree differently. If your goal is graduate school, you should discuss this with your enrollment advisor before making a decision about enrollment.

Financial aid

What happens if I owe money to previous colleges?

Our enrollment advisors will work with you to investigate your options. Because we do not require transcripts from your previous colleges, you may be able to enroll without paying balances at previous institutions you have attended. However, this would require you to “start at the beginning”, so you may want to discuss your options.

What happens if I owe money to the Department of Education?

If you are paying or deferring your loans, you will still be able to receive federal financial aid. If you have loans that are in default, you will not be able to receive student aid. In that case you have a few options, including rehabilitating or consolidating your loans to return to good standing. In those cases, your enrollment may be delayed unless you pay out of pocket while your financial history is cleared. We can discuss your best plan forward during an enrollment advising meeting.